Monkeys can write Nature papers

The letter S: other keyboard letters are available.

I typed five pages of the letter S into Google and was most amused to see what hits I got.

As I hoped, four of the first ten (one of them this blog) referenced the Paignton Zoo monkeys-and-typewriter experiment:

Wikipedia - Infinite monkey theorem
BBC News - Virtual monkeys write Shakespeare
Daily Telegraph - Monkeys at typewriters 'close to reproducing Shakespeare'

Two hits were for companies called G'Five and G-Five, which may or may not be run by monkeys, and two more were for teaching children to learn their letters.

However, the best two hits were the letters page of the Independent newspaper, and the guide to authors submitting papers to the journal Nature.  I have long suspected both publications accepted submissions of simian randomness, but now I finally have proof.

Comments