The marvellous Stewart Lee

I was lucky enough to see Stewart Lee perform his Carpet Remnant World show in York last weekend.  Lee is one of the finest comedians working in Britain today, and I'd never seen him live before.  He is that rare talent: a performer who has something meaningfully funny to say.



I'm pleased to say it was a fantastic evening.  Lee was just brilliant.

It is pointless for me to provide a badly written summary of a beautifully constructed show, but I will tell you this.  It's worth going to alone for Lee's explanation of how his son's obsession with Scooby Doo led him to think a woman in a burqa was a ghost.

The tale enabled Lee to offer more sense on Islamism, censorship, tolerance and modern Britain than anything a politician has said in years, and yet was hilarious at the same time.  A truly extraordinary man.

Comments