None of what you hear

How do you know anything about anyone or anything?  By reading what the internet has to say, of course.  The world wide web is humanity distilled, a true microcosm.  In a word: truth.

Here are some internet truths you can find out about me:

1. I am a professor at the Memorial University of Newfoundland (see articles here, here and here).

2. I have been abducted by aliens and love the work of Erich von Daniken.

3. I can crush Oxford colleges with my knowledge.

4. My father should be killed for trying to earn an honest living.

5. I am one of Leicester's most notable people, even despite my spuriousness and obvious puffery.

6. I dream about the cryogenic preservation of Trevor Brooking.

I can cope with the inaccuracy of 1, and the obvious nonsense of 2, 5 and 6, but number 4 is simply sick, and the people who posted those comments should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Comments